The African-American Schools of Louisa County
Former African-American Schools
in Louisa County, Virginia

Thompsons Cross Roads

Location: On Rt. 522 approx. just north of New Line Road
Number of rooms: 1
Year Constructed: Unknown
Year Closed: 1963
Building Still Exists: no

In 1948, the county was renting this building for $2 per month.  There were 120 usable books in its library.  It was one of the schools consolidated into the Shelfar complex in 1963.

From: A Survey of Negro Education in Louisa County, Paul Everett Behrens, 1949. University of Virginia Special Collections (Master's Thesis)

 

 

 

Please help us gather more information about the Trevilians school. We are seeking first person narratives, photographs and written accounts about the school. If you have information to share, please contact the
Louisa County Historical Society. Email: info@louisaheritage.org

Introduction  •  Home  •  History  •  Maps  •  Schools  •  Supervisors  •  Resources  •  Support

Funding for this project was provided by The Virginia Foundation for the Humanities and
The Louisa County Historical Society